Remembering Kobe Bryant’s Famous Quotes
The death of the legendary LA Lakers player, Kobe Bryant, invited the reaction of the fans of the team. They packed the Staples Center, the Lakers’ home stadium, to give tribute to their team’s former shooting guard.
Kobe Bryant (41) died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, United States. The accident also claimed the lives of eight other helicopter passengers, including Bryant’s daughter Gianna. The sad news brought LA Lakers fans to the Staples Center to pay their last respects to Bryant. Some of them carried cardboard with the words of the tribute to Bryant, not a few who came wearing typical Lakers uniforms.
“At first I said this news was not true. However, when I learned that Kobe Bryant died, it was painful,” Kyle Robinson, a Lakers supporter. “Kobe Bryant teaches that we can be the best with hard work. All the videos that show him practicing in the gym late at night are very inspiring and encouraging,” he continued.
Throughout Bryant’s career, the player in the shooting guard position won five NBA championship trophies with the LA Lakers. Three of them occurred in a row from 2000 to 2002, before they were repeated in 2009 and 2010.
Bryant was also twice selected as the best player alias the most valuable player (MVP) NBA finals, respectively, in 2009 and 2019. A 20-year trip with the LA Lakers made him the longest-ever player to ever strengthen a club.
Dedication with the Lakers makes Bryant as the player with the most number of appearances in the regular season, which is 1,346 matches, as well as the most viewer play-off matches (220 matches). He also became the player with the most points for the Lakers with 33,643 points on 1 February 2010.
The Mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti, tweeted a photo of the Los Angeles City Hall building or city hall building lit by purple and gold lights at eight past 24 minutes local time. Purple and gold are the typical colors of the Lakers, while 8 and 24 are the jersey numbers worn by Bryant at the club.
United States music awards, Grammy Awards, do not miss giving tributes. Coincidentally, the Grammy took place at the Staples Center. R&B singer Alicia Keys, the host, gave tribute to Bryant in collaboration with Boyz II Men.
Kobe is known as a serious player and gives his best in every match or training session. Here are a few thoughts of Kobe Bryant spoken in words:
1. I can’t understand lazy people. Our languages are not the same. I do not understand them. I do not want to understand them.
2. I don’t want to be Michael Jordan’s successor. I just want to be Kobe Bryant.
3. Victory is everything. There are no gray areas. There is no word almost.
4. I will do anything to win the match, whether by sitting on the bench and waving a towel, giving a friend a degree of water, or winning points.
5. I have doubts about myself. Insecurity. I have a fear of failure. We all have doubts. You cannot doubt that. But you also can’t be destroyed because of that.
6. His laziness (Shaquille O’Neal) once drove me crazy. You have to take responsibility for working hard every day. You can’t just go through hardships.
7. I have one (championship ring) more than Shaq, and I can brag about it.
8. Some of you like me. Some of you do not.
9. The most important thing is to try to be an inspiration to others so that they can become great at whatever they do.
10. I don’t know if I can reach the moon or anything. If I fall from a cliff or height, it happens like that. I will still study.